In this hot weather, who doesn’t love a cold refreshing beverage? A favourite around Nellsar Care Homes is lemonade! So refreshing, cool and flavourful.
Here is the perfect home recipe for a cool, freshly squeezed lemon drink. This makes 1 litre:
- 3 unwaxed lemons, roughly chopped
- 25 to 50grams caster sugar (depending on sweetness preferred)
- 1 litre cold water
- Blend the lemons, sugar and half the water in a food processor until the lemon is finely chopped
- Pour the mixture into a sieve over a bowl, then press through as much juice as you can
- Top up with the remaining water and serve with plain ice or frozen with slices of lemon and lime
- You can even add in some mint for extra flavour.
This is lemonade with no fizz – the old fashioned way! If you would like a fizz, then use sparkling water.